Roofing Maintenance 101
Proud to Be a Woman Owned Business!
Serving Texas and Oklahoma for Over 8 Years.
Local and Family Owned
We’re In Motion Roofing, a proudly woman-owned business dedicated to providing quality roofing solutions and outstanding customer service.
In this blog post, we’ll guide you through the essential maintenance practices that will help you extend the life of your roof and prevent costly repairs. Your roof is your home’s first line of defense against the elements.
It shields you from rain, snow, wind, and the scorching sun. To ensure it continues to do its job effectively, regular maintenance is crucial. Here’s why it matters:
Looking for an experienced roofing company in Denison, TX or surrounding areas? Call us today!
Why Roofing Maintenance Matters
Prevent Costly Repairs: Routine maintenance can catch minor issues before they become major problems, saving you from expensive repairs down the road.
Extend Roof Lifespan: With proper care, your roof can last longer, meaning you won’t have to replace it as soon.
Preserve Curb Appeal: A well-maintained roof enhances your home’s aesthetic appeal and can even boost its resale value.
In need of professional roof maintenance in Denison, TX or surrounding areas? In Motion Roofing has your roof covered!
Roofing Maintenance Tips
Regular Inspections (Biannual): Start by visually inspecting your roof. Look for missing or damaged shingles, signs of mold or algae growth, and any debris that might have accumulated. Make this a biannual habit to catch issues early, once in the spring and again in the fall.
2. Clean Gutters and Downspouts (Biannual): Clogged gutters and downspouts can lead to water damage and leaks. Ensure they are clear of debris and in good working order. This is best done during your roof inspections.
3. Trim Overhanging Branches (Annually): Trees can provide shade and beauty, but overhanging branches can scratch and damage your roof. Trim them back to prevent this, typically done annually before the stormy season.
4. Check for Leaks (As Needed): Even a small leak can lead to big problems. Inspect your attic for signs of water infiltration, such as staining or wet insulation, and address any issues promptly.
5. Ventilation and Insulation (Annually): Proper attic ventilation and insulation can help regulate the temperature in your home and prevent ice dams in the winter. This reduces the strain on your roof and should be checked annually.
6. Remove Moss and Algae (As Needed): Moss and algae can deteriorate roofing materials. Use a solution of water and bleach to safely remove them. This can be done as needed if you notice growth.
7. Professional Inspections (Biennial): Periodically, it’s a good idea to have a professional roofing contractor, like us at In Motion Roofing, perform a thorough inspection. They can identify hidden issues and provide expert advice on maintenance and repairs. A professional inspection every two years can catch problems early.
8. Avoid Walking on Your Roof: Stepping on your roof can cause damage, especially on older roofs. If you need to inspect your roof up close, call a professional who can do it safely.
9. Be Mindful of DIY Repairs: While it’s great to be proactive, DIY repairs can sometimes lead to more harm than good. If you’re unsure, it’s best to consult with a professional.
Bonus Maintenance Tips!
10. Seal Roof Penetrations (As Needed): Over time, roof penetrations such as vents, chimneys, and skylights may develop cracks or gaps, allowing water to seep in. Regularly inspect these areas and apply a quality roofing sealant as needed to prevent leaks. This should be part of your annual maintenance routine.
11. Check Flashing (Annually): Roof flashing, the metal strips around roof features, can corrode or loosen, leading to leaks. Inspect flashing annually, especially after severe weather, and replace or reseal it as necessary.
12. Inspect and Clean Roof Valleys (Biannually): Roof valleys are critical areas where water collects and flows. Debris and leaves can accumulate in these areas, leading to water backup. Inspect and clean roof valleys biannually to ensure proper water flow.
13. Monitor Attic Ventilation (Annually): Adequate attic ventilation helps regulate temperature and prevents moisture buildup that can lead to mold or rot. Check your attic’s ventilation system annually to ensure it’s functioning correctly.
Our Final Thoughts!
We Offer the Following Roofing Services
In Motion Roofing, LLC
In Motion Roofing, LLC
This was the best and most effortless experience for me. They made everything so easy. Customer service and care was beyond reproach I want to thank them again and I recommend them as the best of the best
They are Great Company !! Very Friendly & Great People I would Highly Recommend them !
- Allen, TX
- Bells, TX
- Bonham, TX
- Denison, TX
- Gainesville, TX
- McKinney, TX
- Paris, TX
- Pottsboro, TX
- Sherman, TX
- Van Alstyne, TX
- Whitesboro, TX
- Whitewright, TX
We also provide Services in Oklahoma, so if your city isn’t listed above be sure to give us a call!